Leverages ePlus’ AWS expertise for cloud-based storage provisioning to enhance agility, mitigate risk, and maintain consistency to standards
- The customer’s enterprise storage team was using manual tasks for provisioning storage buckets, and they wanted to optimize the process.
- The organization sought to protect data and maintain consistency to standards using a cloud formation template—as well as a way to audit and govern the compliance of these standards.
- The customer wanted to provide its clients with a mechanism to obtain the public resources they need in a controlled manner with access rights management, alerting, and orchestrated rules for corrective actions.
- Long-standing relationship at the account with the customer’s on-premise storage infrastructure
- Extended trusted advisor status to assist with moving storage to the cloud
- Knowledge and familiarity with the customer’s IT footprint, business processes, corporate culture, and organizational structure
- Consulting expertise and team of cloud engineers with AWS processes as well as automation and orchestration skillset and methodologies to both design and deliver the solution
- Understanding of security models and Identity and Access Management roles
ePlus Cloud Services – Automation and Orchestration
- Created scripts to automate the provisioning of standard storage buckets, integrating the customer’s internal data sets and rules
- Leveraged AWS rules engine and open source scripts to define policies and enable the customer’s cloud infrastructure
- Developed orchestration scripts that ensured real-time compliance to security policies, including encryption, data protection, access requirements, and tag policies
- Ability to mitigate risk and maintain consistency to standards across cloud storage pools
- Automated provisioning alleviates pressure on the customer’s storage team, enhancing staff efficiency and allowing them to focus on more strategic tasks
- Enhanced agility by leveraging cloud-based storage provisioning
- Improved compliance through automated alerting, corrective actions, and a full audit trail
Want to Learn More?
We have proven