Watch how ePlus enabled Napa County to increase security for its edge network as well as inbound/outbound web traffic.Watch Video
Plagued by two significant network outages and repeated ransomware attacks, a county government turned to ePlus to protect its sensitive data, meet regulatory compliance, improve citizens’ digital experience, and safeguard its own reputation.
- After multiple ransomware breaches and vulnerabilities identified through an ePlus vCISO engagement, the county sought an aggressive approach to strengthen its security posture and stay ahead of the next breach.
- The customer sought to implement an integrated platform and approach to IT security.
- Act as an extension of the customer’s IT team
- Constant presence on site
- Creative solutions to do more with budget
- Long-standing trust and relationship
- ePlus Security Assessment (vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, and social engineering), vCISO
- Cisco ISE, AMP for end point, 4110 firewalls, and Open DNS
- Varonis Secure VPN (ambulance/hospitals/first responders)
- ePlus Professional Services: pre-sales, design, implementation
- ePlus Managed Services (networking, helpdesk) and Managed Security Services
- 100% decrease in ransomware attacks and associated remediation costs
- Compliance with state cybersecurity mandates
- Better network reliability and reputation (after two significant outages last year, for 12 hours and 20 hours of costly downtime, reported by local media)
- Enhanced public safety (with the county government now supporting emergency services) and smart government
- New source of county revenue: high speed Internet allows the county to attract new business and act as a service provider to population of 255K+, partnerships with new and expanding companies resulted in $35M+ in capital investment and hundreds of new jobs
- Managed Services and outsourcing freed county staff to focus on strategic initiatives